What are the changes to current users of the Positioning Service?
- All positioning rights will be transferred to the Telia Find service, including all contacts being positioned.
- After that, when you open the Telia Find map, you will immediately see a view of the approximate locations of positioned contacts, and a corresponding SMS notification will not be sent to them. A notification will be sent if you wish to know their more exact location and the person being positioned has ordered an SMS notification on when they are being positioned.
- You as a current user of the service must review the positioning settings and rights linked to your cell phone number before August 12, 2014 in the Telia self-service..
- As of August 12, 2014, it will no longer be possible to manage your list of contacts (change settings, add or delete contacts) in the Telia self-service. You can do this in the EMT Find mobile application or using the short message service SMS 1711. Specific instructions will be added to the Telia homepage on August 12, 2014.
- Starting from August 12, 2014, Telia customers will not be able to position contractual Diil clients.
How do you make sure that I could not be positioned by anyone who wants to do so at any time?
In case of each positioning request we always check whether the person being positioned has given permission to the positioner to position them. Permission to position can be granted via the Telia Find mobile application and SMS 1711.
How can I identify the locations of cell phones in my name?
In case of a private customer, the owner of the number can always position the location of the GSM number in their name in the Telia self-service, even if the user of the number has not granted the permission. To do so, after entering the self-service, select your own private person consolidated bill and number that you want to position. The location of the selected number will then be displayed in the Telia Find service.
Business customers do not have this option available to them in the Telia Find service, but this can be done using the Monitor service.
Can Diil numbers be positioned via the Telia Find service?
The positioning service is not open to Diil, and therefore it is not possible to position the contractual or calling card customers of Diil.
Why has the cell phone number of a person being positioned disappeared from my contact list?
If the person being positioned has changed their cell phone number, transferred ownership or operators, then the number will be automatically deleted from all contact lists in the Telia Find service.
If I cannot use the Telia Find app, how can I, if necessary, permit/prohibit the positioning of my number?
You can use the service SMS 1711 to grant or deny permission for positioning via messages. For more information see the instructions.
Can I use the Telia Find web version through the EMT self-service with my cell phone's browser?
Yes, you can use the Telia Find service in the EMT self-service via a browser on your smartphone.
Can the Telia Find service be used by the customers of other operators?
The Telia Find service cannot be used by the customers of other operators.
Can I position contacts roaming abroad using the Telia Find service?
The Telia Find mobile application only displays the position of roaming numbers when the phone of the person being positioned has downloaded the Telia Find service and is using data communication.